Why do you choose to do business with someone new? Very often when we choose a new service to avail of it is down to a recommendation or the fact that you have seen that persons work somewhere before you do business with them. People want to see what you have done before, who you have worked for and most importantly that you know what you are talking about.
Your website can be so much more than a calling card, it should be utilized to show your skills. Take for example if I am working as a digital planner for new business and they would like to employ me to plan their digital strategy. How do they know that I am good at what I do?
Sure I can say that I have worked for Company X or Company Y. But there is only so much I can tell for several reasons mostly all falling back to client confidentiality.
However by blogging about your industry and knowledge of it you can very easily market your business, raise awareness of what you are doing and share tips that people interested in your line of work can use as a resource.
Here is some tips on planning your content for your website.
- You should be aware of your audience and also your intended audience, do you know who they are what level of knowledge they have, there is no point in using alot of jargon if its not understood.
- Be human, authentic and original with content. Provide written content as you would verbally, within reason!
- Don’t over sell on your website, but instead inform, one of the quickest ways to be put off someone in business is for them cold sell, don’t be afraid to share knowledge and build a relationship with your audience.
- Your website should have something that will make the user return. They will want to see knew fresh content. How many times will you go to a cinema that shows the same film over and over?
- Your website should be mobile friendly.
- Try not to over do content, is important to get the balance right between enough content and too much content.
- Web users like to read in ‘bite-sized chunks’, websites with content that looks like a novel will deter users very quickly.
- Write content that users will want to share, content people will find useful.
If you are interested in speaking to me about the content you have on your website or would like to put on your website please get in touch by Phone, Email, or on Social Media. I would delighted to see if I can help.