If you want to friends request me from a Facebook Business profile the simple answer is No, and here is why!
I use Facebook for personal reasons, I have a lot of friends on there, very probably too many. However They are all friends, they are family, friends and people I have actually met and made a connection with.
When I friend you on facebook you get to see my life, what I do, where I go, what I am doing with my kids and if you were there last night some people saw what I had for dinner!
Now if I like your business and/or I do business with you I have no problem whatsoever liking your business page, sharing your promotions or your blog but I won’t do it if you request me as a friend and here are some reasons why.
- It is against Facebook policies
- I dont know who is running your profile, some businesses outsource their Facebook management. I dont want to share my stuff with strangers.
- The Facebook timeline has a calculated balance of Friends updates, Page updates and paid ad’s, dont mess up my balanced social media diet!
- When you add me as a friend on Facebook you get to see all my friends and can start targeting them for business. This is just wrong on so many levels.
There are also some advantages to having a page over a profile
- You can gain unlimited likes, you may only have 5000 friends
- You can administer more than 1 business page at a time
- You can add a call to action button to your Facebook page
- You can promote a paid ad of a Facebook page
- You dont need to respond to friend requests, people can interact with you straight away.
- Facebook Insights is a great tool for seeing what interaction your business page is generating but this does not work on a profile.
If you have any questions or queries about running a Facebook page for you business feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help.